Dome Valley Season Starter Race UpdatesSunday Update 3
Racing action is complete at the Dome Valley Season Starter race. The winners today were Geoff Gill (Top Fuel), Bob Snow (Top Eliminator), Steve Anthony (Pro 1), Jose Beas (Pro 2), and Keith Ahart (Pro ATV).
Top Fuel Final Round
Geoff Gill (W) 2.558/145 1.10 60’ def. Dennis Rieck 2.77/101 1.03 60’
Top Eliminator Final Round
Bob Snow (W) 3.02/113 def. Bob Gill 3.34/80
1st-Steve Anthony 3.94 (3.86) .005
2nd-Clayton Record 3.69 (3.60)
1st-Jose Beas 4.55 (4.48) .034
*Thanks to Mike Erwin for calling in the updates all weekend.*
Sunday Update 2
Eliminations are continuing at the Dome Valley Season Starter event. Here are the first round heads-up class results
Top Fuel Round One
Dennis Rieck (W) Bye -- Big Boom about 100’ out – Fuel line came off
Geoff Gill (W) 2.410/136 1.13 60’ def. Matt Ludlow 2.472/124 1.03 60’
*Geoff's 2.410 is a new Dome Valley Track ET Record*
Top Fuel Final Match Up
Geoff Gill Vs. Dennis Rieck
Top Eliminator Round One
Bob Snow (W) Bye – Got sideways, Lifted Early.
Bob Gill (W) 3.21 def. Mike Erwin – Mike lifted early after a huge wheel stand.
Top Eliminator Final Match Up
Bob Snow Vs. Bob Gill
Marcus Norris made his final Top Fuel licensing pass of the weekend. He ran a clean 2.70/139mph pass.
Sunday Update 1
Here is the latest from the track on Sunday morning, the final day of
1. Dennis Rieck Bye
2. Matt Ludlow VS. 3. Geoff Gill
The word on the Norris entry driven by Marcus Norris is that they will make one more licensing pass today and not compete in eliminations.
1. Bob Snow Bye
2. Mike Erwin VS. 3. Bob Gill
Both Cronin cars will not compete in TE Eliminations. They may run each other in a Fast Fours class this afternoon.
Saturday Update 3
The third round of qualifying for the heads-up classes is finished. The qualifying orders are listed below. Kevin Erwin was the winner of the Pro Sport class over Art Vasquez in the final round.
1. Dennis Rieck 2.448/142 (2.79/101) – Early shut off.
2. Matt Ludlow 2.82 (DNR)
3. Marcus Norris 3.16/81 (DNR)
4. Geoff Gill 3.56 (NT-Staging Foul)
1. Pedro Villa 3.008
1. Bob Snow 2.98/110
2. Mike Erwin 3.14 (DNR)
3. Bob Gill 3.16
4. John Cronin 3.30 - Meltdown dragster.
5. Art Cronin 3.71 - Red dragster.
Saturday Update 2
Round two of qualifying for the heads-up classes is complete. The qualifying orders are listed below. Phil Soper was the winner of the Sport car class with Charlie Johnson the runner-up in his new look “Back in Black” Jeep.
1. Dennis Rieck 2.448/142 –
2. Matt Ludlow 2.82 (2.88/115) – Put some cylinders out down track and clicked it off.
3. Marcus Norris 3.16/81 – Clean half-track licensing pass.
4. Geoff Gill 3.56 (3.96) – Headed for the center and shut off.
1. Pedro Villa 3.15
1. Mike Erwin 3.14 (3.23/106)
2. Bob Gill 3.19 (Did Not Run)
3. Bob Snow 3.25/90
4. Art Cronin NT – Car died at the line on this pass also.
If the racer did not improve on their earlier run, their Q2 time is listed in parentheses.
Saturday Update 1
Round one of qualifying for the heads-up classes are complete. Eliminations for the Sport car 1 class are beginning now, and will finish up before the next qualifying session for the heads-up classes.
1. Dennis Rieck 2.77 – Huge wheel stand, lifted way early.
2. Matt Ludlow 2.82 – Headed for the center and lifted early.
3. Geoff Gill 3.56 – HUGE wheel stand, lifted just past 60’.
4. Marcus Norris NT – Over staged then short launch on first licensing pass attempt.
1. Pedro Villa 3.28
1. Mike Erwin 3.14
2. Bob Gill 3.19
3. Art Cronin NT – Car died at the line.
The Butch Blair-owned rear engine Funny Car entry driven by Bob Snow is also entered, but did not make a pass in round one.